GDPR Website Privacy Notice
The Chef Foundation is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Chef Foundation must process personal data so that it can provide these services – in doing so, The Chef Foundation acts as a data controller.
We take your privacy seriously and treat all the personal data you give us with great care.
You may give your personal details to The Chef Foundation directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits www.thecheffoundation.com we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns in order to provide the best experience we can for users and keep the site up to date and relevant. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personal data from any source.
Our website does not collect personally identifiable information from you or your computer when you simply visit (e.g. browse) and unless you actually provide us with personally identifiable information, we will not know or collect your name, your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information about you.
Collection and use of personal data
We process personal data relating to those we recruit to work with, or otherwise engage to work with our clients. This is for employment purposes to assist in the running of their organisation. Please be aware that if you opt in to receiving job alerts, we will use your email address to send daily emails relevant to positions you are looking for.
We process your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- To provide you with information you have requested
- To contact you with relevant industry and marketing material
- To contact you requesting feedback on our services
- To contact you about contract or job vacancies
To fulfil the contact between us we may need to process your information:
- To assess the suitability of your experience for a job vacancy through analysis of your CVs, interviews communication material (written and verbal)
- To perform background and criminal record checks. These will vary depending on the client’s specific needs
- To give you access to third party applications:
- For completing pre-employment screening and contractual documentation
We will not share personal information about you with third parties without your consent. No automated decision making is used when processing your personal data.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity for which your data was originally obtained.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time, so you are always fully aware of the information we collected and how it is used.
This website contains links to other external websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Company’s website.
The Chef Foundation Disclaims all responsibility for any damages, financial loss of profits or any other consequential contract losses or inability to use the site permissible by law
Contact, complaints or queries
If you have any queries or wish to complain about this privacy notice, please contact:
The Owner & Data Protection Officer
Jonas Tester t/a The Chef Foundation
8 Pearson Mews
ICO Registration No’ ZA519991