I have a vacancy for a competent professional chef to teach a selection of classes to adult learners at a private cookery school.
The school offers cookery lessons covering a full range of modern cuisines and cooking techniques. Most classes are 2 hours with a maximum of 25 learners per class. There are well equipped modern teaching kitchens and session plans for every class ranging from absolute beginner to advanced level.
You will be expected to set up your class, deliver the session and cookery demonstration and help support your group throughout the class to ensure that all learners achieve their objectives. This will include answering questions and explaining theory including additional one to one tutoring for the less able and extension tasks for the faster students providing feedback, praise and encouraging progression with responsibility for the clients on class and your KP throughout the session.
- Deliver your classes to the required standard
- Stock control & rotation
Help with clear-down at end of classes.
- Ensure hygiene is of highest standard (equipment & areas).
- Check stock for next day’s classes and liaise with next chef on duty
- Ensure compliance with all current legislation
- Uphold and promote the school’s high standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- Several years as a professional chef cooking to 2 AA Rosette standard
- Thorough understanding of classical and modern international cuisines
- Ability to manage a class of mixed-ability adult learners
- Passion for food
- High personal standards
- Strong communicator
We are looking for an enthusiastic highly skilled professional chef, well organized, articulate and self-aware. Every chef is an ambassador for the school and there is a strict code of conduct for all staff, standards throughout are high.
Some teaching experience would be an advantage, but full training will be given as part of the induction week.
30 hours a week plus overtime – must be flexible (to include weekend days and evenings).
Location: London with occasional work in Windsor
Salary: up to £18,750 + overtime