Sous Chef British Cheese Restaurant
This 36-cover canal-side restaurant and roof terrace has an immediate vacancy for a creative Sous Chef to join the team. The menu is dedicated to celebrating the very best of British cheese and offers bespoke cheese boards, snacks and seasonal small plates as well as larger sharing dishes with an emphasis on good produce. Everything is made in house and there is a modern and well-equipped kitchen.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for British cheese and seasonal produce
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will be a talented customer focused Sous Chef with several years’ experience in a craft driven kitchen, passionate about British produce, up to date with modern cooking techniques and the London restaurant scene
Full training on cheeses is provided, including industry recognised qualifications through the Academy of Cheese
- Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum (inclusive of service charge)
- 28 days holiday per year
- Monthly British cheese box
- Producer visits
- Free staff meals
- Regular staff socials
48 hours over 5 days