Sous Chef, Wood Fired Grill
This brand-new neighbourhood wood fired grill is looking for a reliable Sous Chef to strengthen the team. The restaurant seats 35, with a small terrace and gets very busy at peak times. The open theatre kitchen features a purpose built cook line with a wood fired Asado grill, wood fired flat plate and smoke hole, with a full prep kitchen in the basement. Menus include slow cooked Pitmaster Rib-Eye, Wood Roast Chicken, Smash Burgers, Burnt Ends, Roast Bone Marrow, Chargrilled Fish, Vegan and Veggie options alongside some great house sides and sauces. All meats are Halal, and the restaurant is alcohol free.
We are looking for a Sous Chef with excellent experience of cooking over live fire, at home in a small team and capable of running the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence. You must be comfortable working in an open plan kitchen, happy to interact with the customers, personable and presentable at all times.
Duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Previous experience working over live fire
- Creative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
We are looking for an enthusiastic chef with strong all-round kitchen skills, up to date with industry trends, with a flexible “can do” attitude to work and a real passion for cooking; adaptable, punctual, and self-aware.
5-day week, evenings only
Salary: Up to £40,000 relevant to experience + monthly bonus after 3 months