Sous Chef Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team of this multi award-winning 100 cover vegetarian & vegan restaurant. The restaurant, open since 1993, is part of the vanguard of vegetarian and vegan dining in the UK and has a reputation for serving a high-quality unique product, offering great experience in vegetarian and vegan cuisine, as well as expert training in dietary restrictive cooking. The restaurant also offers a range of retail products and operates a successful outside catering business too. Menus are fresh, seasonal and innovative, standards throughout are high.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience as Sous Chef in a similar fresh food outlet
- Creative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
We are looking for an enthusiastic chef with strong all-round kitchen skills, up to date with industry trends, with a flexible “can do” attitude to work and a real passion for cooking; adaptable, punctual and self-aware.
Previous experience of vegetarian and vegan cooking would be an advantage but is not essential
5 shifts & 2 days off
Salary: Up to £36,000 + tronc
The package includes:
- Company Pension
- Meals on duty & Uniform.
- Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
CDP also required