Sous Chef- New Opening
Food from the French Riviera
With a launch planned for April this much anticipated brand-new 100-cover restaurant is looking for an exceptional Sous Chef as part of the opening team. Situated in the heart of London’s Mayfair and in the final stages of a major refurbishment, that includes a stunning glass-walled open plan kitchen, the owners are bringing the cuisine of the Cote D’Azur to central London.
Open 7 days a week for both lunch and dinner the menu will feature the very best ingredients, with the focus on fresh produce and innovative presentation, whilst staying true to the culture and cuisine of the region. There is a brand new, well-equipped open theatre kitchen that includes Josper ovens and Charvet ranges and separate prep kitchen. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, so this kitchen is always busy. Standards throughout are high.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience to Michelin star level
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed.
Interviews will include a cooking trial
5 Day week
Salary: £45,000 + benefits
Pastry Chef and CDP also required