Sous Chef Neighbourhood Fine Dining
This well-respected independent neighbourhood restaurant in Southeast London is looking for a talented Sous Chef to join the team.
The menu is shaped by the seasons and showcases informal modern Bistro style dining, creative plates, house cocktails, low-intervention wines, local suppliers, hunters & foragers. The kitchen is open-theatre and features a well-equipped cookline and counter dining. This is a very craft led kitchen, everything is prepared in-house from scratch including nose to tail butchery, house pickles and ferments, own sourdough, cooking over open fire etc, dishes on the current menu include Octopus, Blood Orange & Bitter Leaves – Burrata, Walnut & Puntarelle – Duck, steamed buns and Carrot, the team is young, focused and work hard.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, creative, even-tempered, and quality driven with the patience and commitment to train and mentor junior staff.
As Sous Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen including:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking.
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar busy fresh food environment, passionate about flavours and quality with a “can do” attitude. We are looking for a level-headed customer focused professional chef with the skill set to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be a good team player prepared to roll your sleeves up, as this kitchen is always busy.
4-day week 3 doubles + 1 single shift
Salary: Up to £36,000 + benefits
CDP also required