Sous Chef Modern Levant Restaurant
My client is a progressive restaurant group and integral part of the growing London restaurant scene. We are looking for a talented Sous Chef for their new restaurant in NW London. Menus are informal modern bistro style and include snacks and sharing dishes, Turbot cooked over open fire and house flatbreads, flavours are big and strongly influenced by North African and Eastern Mediterranean cultures. The company Exec Chef has a very craft driven approach to food and the open-theatre kitchen features a wood-fired grill oven.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Help the Head Chef drive the menu forward
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will be a strong Sous Chef with several years’ experience in a contemporary craft driven fresh food kitchen, kind and self-aware with a CV that demonstrates loyalty and commitment. This company has an excellent record of staff retention.
Previous experience of Middle Eastern and North African food would be an advantage but is not essential.
Salary: up to £40,000, basic + tronc + company benefits