Sous Chef Michelin Plate Italian Restaurant
This 100-cover award-winning Italian restaurant has an immediate vacancy for a talented Sous Chef to strengthen the team. The restaurant has several dining areas, a pasta room, private dining, courtyard and bar and as the market leader in its sector is fully booked for every service.
Open Wednesday to Saturday for both lunch and dinner the menu showcases modern regional Italian cuisine created with the best seasonal British ingredients and includes beautiful handmade pasta and exceptional in-house butchery. There is a well-equipped modern kitchen that includes Charvet ranges and a separate pasta kitchen. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, so this kitchen is always busy. The team of 16 chefs is young, focused and work hard, standards throughout are high.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Some kitchen management duties
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations, including Covid guidelines
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Help the Head Chef drive the menu forward
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar kitchen.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed and with a CV that demonstrates loyalty and commitment.
This is a busy and well organised professional kitchen working to very high standards, serious candidates only please
Interviews will include a cooking trial
7 shifts over 4 days
- Salary: Up to £35,000 + service charge
- Meals on duty
- Closed on Sundays
- Annual holiday over Christmas & New Year
CDP ALSO REQUIRED £28,000 + SERVICE CHARGE