Sous Chef Michelin Bib Gourmand Restaurant
This Michelin Bib Gourmand 48-cover independent neighbourhood restaurant in South East London has an immediate vacancy for an exceptional Sous Chef to strengthen the team.
The menu is shaped by the seasons and showcases informal modern Bistro style dining, creative plates and cocktails, local suppliers, hunters & foragers. The kitchen is compact, open-theatre and features a well-equipped cookline with chef’s table. The owner has a very craft driven approach to food. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, (nose to tail) including own butchery, house pickles and ferments and fresh bread daily. The team is young, focused and work hard.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Help the Head Chef drive the menu forward
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar fresh food environment cooking to 2AA rosette standard, resilient and self-aware with a CV that demonstrates loyalty and commitment.
We are offering:
- £35,000 per annum salary
- Pension scheme
- Wednesday – Sunday rota (Mon & Tue off)
- 28 days of paid holiday per year
- Staff meals
CDP also required