Sous Chef, Members Only Sports Club
My client is an exclusive members-only sports club with a well-equipped kitchen serving lunch and dinner to members and guests 7 days a week. Menus change regularly and are modern European cuisine geared to the seasons. Everything is fresh and made in house.
We are looking for a strong Sous Chef with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed, at home in a small team and capable of running the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence. You must be comfortable working in an open plan kitchen, happy to interact with the club members, personable and presentable at all times.
Duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience as Sous Chef in a similar fresh food outlet
- Creative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
We are looking for an enthusiastic chef with strong all-round kitchen skills, up to date with industry trends, with a flexible “can do” attitude to work and a real passion for cooking; adaptable, punctual, and self-aware.
- Competitive salary in relaxed, friendly environment
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible shifts with opportunity to work both day and evening shifts
- Unique opportunity to develop recipes and plating techniques
- Unlimited food and coffee
- Supplier trips
Great work/life balance with 40 hours over 5 shifts
Salary: Up to £36,000