Firmly established on the local dining scene this award-winning Kentish Bistro is seeking an enthusiastic Sous Chef to join the small but totally focused kitchen team.
The Chef and owners are passionate about locally sourced, seasonal produce and have long-standing relationships with Kent’s best and most respected suppliers. All food is prepared on site and cooked with integrity from a small but well-organized kitchen. Home smoking, nose to tail butchery, farm vegetables, dayboat fish all feature.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar busy fresh food environment, passionate about flavours and quality with a “can do” attitude. We are looking for a level-headed customer focused professional chef with the skill set to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be a good team player prepared to roll your sleeves up, as this kitchen is always busy.
This opportunity might suit a London based chef looking to escape the rat race for the chance to cook great food by the sea and enjoy a better work/life balance.
50 hours 7 shifts 5-day week, no splits.
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 + Tips