Sous Chef, Italian Casual Fine Dining Restaurant
This Italian casual fine dining 80-cover restaurant has an immediate vacancy for a talented Sous Chef to strengthen the team.
Open 7 days a week for both lunch and dinner the menu is served tapas style and features a full Antipasti of regional Italian dishes, handmade pasta and fish and meat from the grill with the focus on fresh produce and innovative presentation whilst staying true to the culture and cuisine of the region. There is a new, well-equipped modern kitchen that includes Charvet ranges and Rationale ovens. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, so this kitchen is always busy. Standards throughout are high.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be comfortable running the team when left in charge
Interviews will include a cooking trial
5 Day week