Sous Chef Independent Modern Bistro
This independent owner-run 40-cover bistro restaurant with a contemporary bar, informal dining and garden terrace is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team and play a key role in the growth of the business. The restaurant serves a seasonal modern European menu based on fresh local produce and classic cooking techniques. This includes Brunch dishes, light lunches, and a more formal dinner menu. As much as possible is made in-house, so this kitchen is always busy.
As Sous Chef you will working alongside the Chef/Owner developing the menu & designing specials. Other duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, ordering
- Maintaining a 5* hygiene rating.
- Managing and training junior chefs
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintaining exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to run all sections
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef with a strong all-round kitchen skills and the patience and motivation to train and mentor junior staff. You must be comfortable running the team when left in charge.
5-day week, (a mix of split and straights)
Closed Sunday night and all-day Monday, Christmas Day and Bank Holidays
Starting salary: £32,000 + excellent tips
Own transport is essential due to location