Sous Chef, Farm to Fork Restaurant
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef for a new 70 cover restaurant situated in an historic 55-acre hotel and leisure complex just outside the M25. The entire site has been beautifully refurbished and includes 2 new restaurants. 70% of the menu is cooked over open fire and will include whole animal butchery, an onsite bakery, and a farm to fork menu with everything made in house from scratch, much of the produce is sourced direct from the estate.
As part of a team of 5 your main duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar busy fresh food environment including cooking over open fire. We are looking for a level-headed customer-focused professional chef, passionate about flavours and quality with a “can do” attitude and the skill set to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be a good team player prepared to roll your sleeves up, as this kitchen is always busy.
This opportunity might suit a London based chef looking for his/her 1st Sous Chef role, the chance to cook great food in the countryside and a better work/life balance.
Starting salary: up to £27,000 + Tronc
Own transport recommended due to location