Sous Chef, Busy School Kitchen
We have an immediate vacancy for an enthusiastic, confident chef or cook with experience in catering for children for a busy school kitchen in Harrow. Catering for up to 800 pupils a day (Reception to year 12) + staff & visitors, the school provides a healthy fresh food menu cooked on site. This includes Halal meats, plant-based options and catering for varied cultural backgrounds and special dietary needs. The position requires a friendly calm manner, good organisational skills and excellent communication with a flexible approach to work.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Assist with menu planning, recipe development and costing
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain School Food Standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Adhere to all school policies and carry out all duties upholding school values.
Required skills, experience & qualifications:
- Relevant experience catering for children
- NVQ level 2 in food production & cookery, or equivalent
- Level 2 Food Hygiene & Allergies Certificate
- Meticulous, organised, and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Chef or Cook with previous experience in a busy school kitchen, committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and will include school safeguarding training
Salary: £19,459 – £20,528 based on experience
36 hours per week, term-time only
Hours: 7.00am – 2.30pm approximately (includes half hour break)