SOUS CHEF BUSY RESTAURANT & BAR
This well-established privately-owned restaurant & bar has a vacancy for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to strengthen the team. With dining on 2 floors + a garden the kitchen serves lunch and dinner, A La Carte and set menus, afternoon teas and weekend brunch, this restaurant is always busy.
Menus are fresh, seasonal, contemporary casual fine dining and include a particularly strong Sunday lunch trade.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Supervise other staff
- Some kitchen management, ordering, stock control, hygiene etc.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar busy fresh food environment cooking to Rosette standard, passionate about flavours and quality with a “can do” attitude. We are looking for a level-headed customer focused professional chef with the skill set to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be a good team player prepared to roll your sleeves up, as this kitchen is always busy.
Own transport recommended due to location
4 ½ day week straight & split shifts
Salary: Up to £30,000 for the right candidate