Sous Chef Brand New restaurant & Grill
With an opening planned for May this new 50 cover restaurant & grill is looking for an exceptional Sous Chef to join the opening team
The menu will be focused around a specially designed wood-fired grill (Brai style). Menus will be seasonal informal dining making the most of local suppliers and organic produce and will include snacks and small plates etc . The grill/service kitchen is open-theatre and there is a separate prep kitchen. The Head Chef has a very craft driven approach to food. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, (nose to tail) including own butchery, house pickles and ferments and fresh bread daily. The team is young, focused and work hard.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be comfortable running the team when left in charge
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Help the Head Chef drive the menu forward
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar fresh food environment cooking to 2AA rosette standard, resilient and self-aware with a CV that demonstrates loyalty and commitment.
Previous experience with a wood-fired grill would be an advantage
We are offering:
- Up to £32,000 per annum salary
- Pension scheme
- Wednesday – Sunday rota (Mon & Tue off)
- 28 days of paid holiday per year
- Staff meals
CDP ALSO REQUIRED