Sous Chef Award-Winning College Restaurant
This College of Further Education located in SE London is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to strengthen the team. Open Monday to Friday the licensed 60-cover restaurant and bakehouse serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and all-day snacks and is open for dinner on Thursday evenings too. The restaurant is open to the public, the kitchen is run on full commercial lines and provides a training environment for catering students at the college.
As Sous Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Supporting the training of student chefs.
Required skills, experience & qualifications:
- Level 3, or higher, qualification in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be comfortable running the team when left in charge
This role is subject to a full DBS check and will include college safeguarding training
40 hours a week mainly Monday to Friday but this will include some evenings and special events (open day etc)
Salary: £24,563 – £27,625