Senior Sous Chef Stylish All-Day Restaurant, Café and Event Space
This new large open plan 80 cover all-day venue that includes a coffee shop, co-working space, restaurant, event space and nursery is looking for an enthusiastic Snr Sous Chef to strengthen the kitchen team. Open 7 days a week the menu includes breakfasts, cakes and pastries, an all-day family brasserie and grab-n-go bar. This includes vegan dishes, light lunches, snacks and healthy options. There is a particularly busy weekend Brunch trade.
The brand-new open theatre kitchen is air conditioned and well equipped
As Sous Chef, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen, including:
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Kitchen management duties, stock control, wastage, hygiene etc
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
Required skills and experience:
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience at senior level in a similar kitchen
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Sous Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to move about the kitchen as needed. You must be comfortable running the team when left in charge
This job offers a great work/life balance, a modern friendly working environment and the opportunity to grow with the company.
Salary: £30,000 + Tips
Opening hours are 8.00am till 6.00pm, staying open later at weekends
Chef de Partie also required