Senior Chef de Partie
Independent family-owned shellfish and seafood restaurant
This independent family-owned shellfish and seafood restaurant in the City is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Senior Chef de Partie to strengthen the team. Open mainly evenings the menu includes a full range of fresh shellfish, Surf & Turf and a few non fish options including steaks. The kitchen is modern, well equipped with a separate prep area.
Although this is an informal contemporary London venue our ideal candidate needs to have a fine dining background with good experience working with live shellfish and fresh seafood and competent cooking over open fire with good cook to order experience.
As Senior CDP your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Development Head Chef to ensure that every aspect of the service runs smoothly
- Organise your own prep and run your section during service
- Support and train junior staff
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain company standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Previous experience working with fresh shellfish & seafood preferred
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar busy fresh food environment, passionate about flavours and quality with a “can do” attitude. We are looking for a level-headed customer focused chef with the skill set to move about the kitchen as needed.
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 + generous tronc
Closed Sundays & Mondays