Head Pastry Chef- New Opening
Food from the French Riviera
With a launch planned for April this much anticipated brand-new 100-cover restaurant is looking for a talented Head Pastry Chef as part of the opening team. Situated in the heart of London’s Mayfair and in the final stages of a major refurbishment, that includes a stunning glass-walled open plan kitchen, the owners are bringing the cuisine of the Cote D’Azur to central London.
Open 7 days a week for both lunch and dinner the menu will feature the very best ingredients, with the focus on fresh produce and innovative presentation, whilst staying true to the culture and cuisine of the region. Menus will include classic French pastries and desserts and fresh bread baked daily. There is a brand new, well-equipped open theatre kitchen and separate prep kitchen. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, so this kitchen is always busy. Standards throughout are high.
As Head Pastry Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Running all aspects of the pastry department.
- Staff training & quality assurance.
- Creating new desserts and sweet treats for the menu.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation & regulations.
- Maintain exceptional standards throughout your department.
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Good baking experience of French bread and pastries
- Relevant experience to Michelin star level
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Head Pastry Chef with excellent experience of classic French pastry and desserts, strong technical skills, elegant plating and finishing, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven with the skill base to train and motivate your team.
This is a great opportunity for a talented pastry chef to really showcase their skills in an exciting high profile new opening in central London.
Interviews will include a cooking trial
5 Day week
Salary: £45,000 + benefits
Pastry CDP also required