Independent Family Owned Seafood & Shellfish Restaurant
This shellfish and seafood restaurant is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Head Chef to run the kitchen. Open mainly evenings the menu includes a full range of fresh shellfish, Surf & Turf and a few non fish options. The kitchen is modern, well equipped with a separate prep area.
Although this is an informal contemporary London venue our ideal candidate needs to have a fine dining background with good experience working with live shellfish and fresh seafood and competent cooking over open fire with good cook to order experience. Strong kitchen management and attention to detail is essential.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the kitchen including:
- All food production, stock management & wastage
- Menu development
- Staff training & retention
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation
- Food safety & hygiene
- The kitchen budget and GP
- Maintaining high standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Previous experience working with fresh shellfish & seafood.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Positive and approachable manner
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
We are looking for a well organised Head Chef with a proven track record of strong kitchen management, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered and quality driven. You must be comfortable taking direction from the business owners and be able to operate as a member of a management team working to the same end goals, with customer experience being paramount
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 + service charge
Closed Sundays & Mondays