Head Chef Japanese Izakaya Restaurant (Japanese speaking)
Under new management this 50-cover Japanese Izakaya restaurant situated in North London is looking for an experienced new Head Chef to lead the team once lockdown is lifted. The restaurant serves a full menu including Sushi & Sashimi, Gyoza, Katsu, Robata, Donburi and Tempura dishes. Standards throughout are high.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen.
- All food production, stock management & wastage
- Menu development, daily specials & quality assurance
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation
- Staff training & retention
- Food safety & hygiene
- The kitchen budget and GP
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience Japanese fine dining
- Creative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team leader
- Financially aware
- A high level of spoken English & Japanese
We are looking for an enthusiastic Head Chef with a sound knowledge of Japanese cuisine, excellent knife work and a real passion for cooking. You will have a proven track record of successful kitchen management and must be capable of working within set budgets and company financial targets.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
Salary: £38,000 to £40,000 + Bonus