Head Chef-Italian/Romanian Food Delivery Start-up
This food delivery business operating from a large and well-equipped commercial cloud kitchen in East London is looking for a creative and results driven Head Chef to launch a new Italian/Romanian delivery brand and play a key role in the long-term growth of the business. Menus will be a mix of Northern Italian pizza/pasta dishes and traditional Romanian cuisine including Sarmale, Mamaliga and Ciorba among others.
As Head Chef you will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of food and hit delivery time targets
- Maintain the GP and bring the kitchen in on budget
- Ongoing menu development according to market trends
- Ensure that all food is travel friendly and packed to company standards
- Managing kitchen staff including hiring and training
- Ensuring compliance with statutory regulations & legislation including Covid-19 regulations
- Work with owners to market the menu on all online platforms including Uber, Just Eat and Deliveroo.
The ideal candidate will be a solid all-round chef with a proven track record in a similar high-volume fresh food environment with particular experience of both Italian and Romanian cuisines. Cloud Kitchen experience preferred but not essential. Strong brand awareness and excellent people skills are a must.
For the interview process and selection all candidates will be expected to draft a proposed menu for the new business, including food costings and show an understanding of the local market regarding Italian/Romanian cuisine for deliveries.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to start and develop a brand from scratch growing to a possible high street franchise or a fully-fledged restaurant brand.
Salary from £30,000 to £40,000 relevant to experience + a possible equity stake subject to performance