Head Chef Caribbean Restaurant
With a reopening planned for April 12th, as Covid restrictions on hospitality are lifted, this Caribbean restaurant and bar on London’s iconic South Bank is looking for a result-driven Head Chef to run the kitchen.
Menus are authentic Caribbean cuisine, mainly from Trinidad & Tobago, with the focus on real food from the islands. Dishes include roti, doubles, local curries and sides with everything prepared in-house from scratch. During lockdown the restaurant has established its own home delivery brand too and the owners are keen to continue to run this from the same kitchen.
The restaurant can cater for 150 at peak times with excellent outdoor seating.
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of your kitchen including:
- All food production, stock management & wastage
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation, including Covid compliance
- Staff training & retention
- Food safety & hygiene
- The kitchen budget and GP
- Maintaining a 5* Food hygiene rating
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality
- A proven track record in strong kitchen management
- Strong team leader
- Financially aware
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- City & Guilds 706/1 | 706/2 Catering or NVQ Level 3
- Level 1,2 and 3 Food Safety Awards
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
We are looking for an enthusiastic chef with excellent kitchen management skills capable of working alongside the Head Chef/Owner with a view to taking over the running of the kitchen completely as lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Previous experience of Caribbean cooking would be an advantage but is not essential as full menu training is available.
Initially a 6-day week in the first stages moving to 5 days once the kitchen team is established and trained
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000, plus bonus