Head Chef Caribbean Restaurant & Bar
This new Caribbean restaurant and bar on London’s iconic South Bank is looking for a talented Head Chef to run the kitchen. Menus are authentic Caribbean cuisine, mainly from Trinidad & Tobago, with the focus on real food from the islands. Dishes include Roti, Doubles, Pelau, Jerk, local curries and sides with everything prepared in-house from scratch.
The restaurant can seat 200 at peak times and the set up includes an outdoor grill and a brand-new kitchen.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen including:
- All food production, stock management & wastage
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation
- Staff training & retention
- Food safety & hygiene
- The kitchen budget and GP
- Maintaining a 5* Food hygiene rating
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Previous experience at Head Chef level
- Thorough understanding of Caribbean food & culture
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Strong team leader
- Financially aware
We are looking for an enthusiastic Head Chef with a real passion for Caribbean cuisine specifically with experience of Trini cooking and culture and a proven track-record of successful kitchen management. You must be capable of ensuring that the brand-new kitchen is well maintained.
Opening a new restaurant during the current pandemic presents a lot of extra challenges. The successful candidate will be forward thinking and customer focused with the drive and ambition to play a key role in the growth of the business from the start.
Initially a 6-day week in the first stages moving to 5 days once the kitchen team is established and trained
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 relevant to experience