Head Chef Bib Gourmand Neighbourhood Restaurant
This Michelin Bib Gourmand 48-cover independent neighbourhood restaurant in South East London has an immediate vacancy for a talented Head Chef to lead the team as the business reopens from the Covid-19 lockdown.
The menu is shaped by the seasons and showcases informal modern Bistro style dining, creative plates and cocktails, local suppliers, hunters & foragers. The kitchen is compact, open-theatre and features a well-equipped cookline with chef’s table. The owner has a very craft driven approach to food. Everything is prepared in-house from scratch, (nose to tail) including own butchery, house pickles and ferments and fresh bread daily. The team is young, focused and work hard.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Head Chef, up to date with modern cooking techniques, even-tempered, quality driven and comfortable working closely with the Chef Patron/Owner to constantly drive the menu forward.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen including:
- All food production, stock management & wastage
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation
- Staff training & retention
- Food safety & hygiene
- The kitchen budget and GP
- Maintain exceptional standards of quality assurance, food prep and cooking
- Maintaining a 5* Food hygiene rating
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality,
- Relevant experience in a similar fresh food environment.
- Creative flair & attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Meticulous, organised and punctual
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar fresh food environment cooking to 2AA rosette standard, resilient and self-aware with a CV that demonstrates loyalty and commitment.
We are offering:
- £35,000 per annum salary
- Pension scheme
- Wednesday – Sunday rota (Mon & Tue off)
- 28 days of paid holiday per year
- Staff meals