Head Chef Award-Winning College Restaurant
This College of Further Education located in SE London is looking for an experienced Head Chef to run their award-winning restaurant. Open Monday to Friday the licensed 60-cover restaurant and bakehouse serve breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and all-day snacks and is open for dinner on Thursday evenings too. The restaurant is open to the public, the kitchen is run on full commercial lines and provides a training environment for catering students at the college.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen including:
- All food production, ordering, stock management & wastage
- Direct line management of the kitchen team.
- Compliance with college & statutory regulations & legislation, including current Covid regulations.
- Kitchen budget and GP
- Food Safety & Hygiene
- Managing and supporting the training of student chefs.
Required skills, experience & qualifications:
- Level 3, or higher, qualification in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Minimum 3 years Head Chef experience in a similar fresh food environment
- Previous experience in tutoring or mentoring others
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional chef with a proven track record in kitchen management and the skill base, passion and patience to train the team and students. Previous experience in a teaching environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
This role is subject to a full DBS check and will include college safeguarding training
40 hours a week mainly Monday to Friday but this will include some evenings and special events (open day etc)
Salary £32,000 – £35,000 plus £3,000 PRP paid annually.