PAKISTANI STREET FOOD RESTAURANT-NEW OPENING
This brand-new restaurant and Shisha bar serving contemporary Pakistani and Indian street food is looking for an inspirational Head Chef to lead the kitchen team.
Open evenings only 7 days a week the menu will feature authentic Pakistani street food cuisine alongside dishes from the Punjab, Kashmir and the North West Frontier. The restaurant seats 65 and there will be a separate snack menu for the Shisha lounge. All meats are Halal and the entire business is alcohol-free
As Head Chef you will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen including all purchases, food production, hygiene, staff, stock and the kitchen budget.
You will be required to:
• Set up the kitchen/purchase utensils etc
• Create and cost menus
• Recruit and train staff
• Source suppliers
• Design & Implement the kitchen operating system
• Head of Department:
• Run the kitchen day-to-day
• Manage the kitchen team
• Create menus to delight customers and achieve commercial targets
• Work with the Owners to achieve the business’ objectives:
• Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations & legislation.
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a similar busy fresh food kitchen as Head Chef or Senior Sous with a sound knowledge of both contemporary and classical Pakistani and Indian cuisines. You will have a proven track-record in kitchen management including a thorough understanding of kitchen budgets and GP’s with previous experience of new openings.
You must be capable of working within set budgets and company financial targets and be competent operating a robust kitchen management system in line with current legislation and ensure that your brand-new kitchen is well maintained.
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Passion and enthusiasm for food, quality and creative plating
• Expert knowledge of Tandoori ovens
• Fully conversant with Hygiene and Health and Safety best practice
• Strong training skills. Self-motivator
• Thrives on the pressure of a busy service
• Excellent kitchen manager
• Confident, organised, professional
• Has the drive to succeed and grow with the business
This is a demanding hands-on role that offers a dedicated chef the opportunity to have a real impact on the growth of the business right from the start. The owners are keen to find a chef who is up to the challenge, who will share their vision of the future, and who has the passion and ambition to drive it forward.
Starting salary: £36,000 to £42,000 + bonus relevant to experience